Sunday, September 14, 2008

Maybe I do want to go abroad......

So I thought that I wanted to stay in the states for a while....I thought it might be a good idea to stay here and work off some student loans.....but maybe I really should be looking at opportunities abroad. I think one of the issues I am running into is that my degree is in International Development and most positions even remotely related to my field that are in the states are upper management. Well, I don't have the kind of experience necessary to do upper management positions yet. I thought that I could make more money and therefore pay off student loans faster if I tried to stay in the states..... I am beginning to think that is just not true. I know that sooner or later I would like to get hands on experience, and after some hands on experience go to grad school but I didn't know if I wanted to start that hands on experience right away. I have decided to broaden my search yet again to include positions outside the US....maybe I should see if I can find a one year position or something of the like that I could do.... so frustrating.... I just don't know where God is calling me to be..... I have no real direction in this job search which means I am searching for some kind of job somewhere that I will like to do that will make enough money that I can eat, sleep, and pay student loans...... any suggestions?

No comments: